Best Things to Do in Celina This Spring
Spring is one of the best times of the year to get out and enjoy beautiful weather and all of the city of Celina’s fabulous amenities. If you’re new to Celina living, check out Cambridge Crossing’s list of the best things to do in Celina this spring.
Searching for things to do in Celina? Make your first stop to the city center, the heartbeat of our small-town community. Celina’s Historic Downtown Square offers family-friendly events, boutique shopping, delicious restaurants and wineries.
Coming up this spring, head to the square for the Friday Night Market on April 2 from 6-9 p.m. and the city’s signature Cajun Fest on May 8 from 12-9 p.m. Cambridge Crossing is proud to be a sponsor of this free-to-attend, family-friendly Celina event featuring crawfish, zydeco music, shopping and cold drinks.
Don’t miss out on delicious brews from Celina’s own Rollertown Beerworks. In the entertainment district, you can even grab your drinks to go!
Parks & Hiking Trails
Need to get some fresh air? Make your way to Old Celina Park, Founders Station or hit the trails at the nearby Little Elm Park. These parks feature playscapes for kids, athletic fields for play and plenty of space to stretch out for a family picnic.
Check out our past blog to see more DFW parks near Cambridge Crossing.
Miss out on the Celina Friday Night Market? You can still get access to farm fresh staples like honey, eggs and more at nearby farms:
- Cartermere Farms
- This Celina farm features fresh eggs, pastured poultry, grass-fed lamb and seasonable vegetables. They pride themselves on happy chickens.
- Huckle Bee Farm
- A Celina bee farm featuring amazing local honey. Huckle Bee also offers intro to beekeeping classes.
- Steve Warne Bee Farm
- This Melissa-based bee farm offers varieties of creamed honey, including blueberry, blackberry, cinnamon, raspberry and even hatch chile!
- Apple Leef Farm
- This full fiber teaching center just a couple of miles east of Van Alstyne is the place to take classes or pick up hand-knit products. Their wildflower fields are also spectacular in spring!
- George Cornwell Orchard
- Homegrown peaches and blackberries in Little Elm! The Orchard opens in late May for blackberry season. Peach season begins in the summer.
We hope our list of things to do in Celina helps you make the best of the spring season! Cambridge Crossing is a new master-planned community in Celina. Located moments from where the Dallas North Tollway extension meets the future Outer Loop, homeowners are near all the fun in Celina and within quick reach of the popular employment and entertainment hubs located across the Metroplex.
Learn more about our new DFW community by visiting our website and contacting us today.
Photo: City of Celina Cajun Fest